A Snow Blower or a snow thrower is a specialized equipment that is used to eliminate snow from areas where it is unwanted. Some of the vicinities where the presence of snow is subjected for removal may be roadway, driveway, sidewalk, railroad track, runway or ice rink. The snow throwers come in fitted with an engine that may utilize electricity, gasoline or diesel. The snow throwers either dumps away the snow to a carriage truck or it may be hauled away getting rid of snow. Snow throwers should be not confused with snow plows that are used to push snow to the front side.
Snow Joe SJ621 (Ultra 18-Inch 13.5-Amp) is an electric snow thrower model made by a company named Snow Joe that also includes a headlight and it is designed to haul away snow effectively. The details on the features of this device can be found on this link http://snowshifts.com/snow-joe-snow-thrower/.
We will cover the safety caution of this machine in detail.
Snow Joe SJ621 Safety Measures
This equipment is designed to be as safe as possible. However, you as an operator, are required to follow certain recommended safety instructions and procedures that are described below. Snow Joe warns that failure to follow these instructions may result in electric shock, fire or personal injury.
The safety measures of Snow Joe SJ621 can be grouped into the following three groups.
Safety at work premises, Electric safety and Personal safety.
Safety at Work Premises
- The work area has to be clean with proper lighting. Congested and dark places can cause damage or injury.
- Make sure that the location where this equipment is used is free from combustible materials such as flammable gases, liquids or dust (that may be mixed with suspended particles of flammable material).
- Children, pets and bystanders should be kept away from the running equipment in the work area.
- Never mess around with electric plugs and power outlets. Modified plugs without matching power outlets are a risk for electric shock.
- Always discourage close contact from earthed and grounded electric components and surfaces.
- Protect and keep away from tampering with electric cords and cables.
- Immediate approach expert services to repair or replace damaged cords.
- Keep a running snow thrower away from liquid water. Such a contact may result in a electric shock and may lead to serious physical harm or injury.
- If extension cord is required, then always use UL-rated (usually orange in color) for outdoor all weather use.
- Turn of the power switch snow joe SJ621 snow thrower and disconnect electric cable after shutting down the equipment for any inspection, servicing, changing accessories or cleaning the equipment.
- If you recognize any weird sounds or any unstable running from the machine engine, turn off the machine and disconnect the power on an immediate basis. Approach authorized Snow Joe/Sun Joe service center for proper consultancy.
- Keep vigilance during operating the machine.
- Wear proper clothing. Do not wear loose clothing.
- Keep your body, body parts and clothes away from moving parts of the snow thrower.
- Snow Joe SJ621is designed to work on paved surfaces do not use it on gravel, stone or other unpaved surfaces. The machine has to be adjusted to be used on unpaved surfaces.
- Avoid carrying the machine with hands close to the start button while the machine is plugged in to prevent accidental turn on of the machine.
- Do not exert unnecessary coercion over the snow thrower during operation of the equipment. Use constant force.
- A broken on/off switch should be repaired immediately. An electric appliance is not safe to use when it cannot be properly controlled with a switch.
- If there is a hit with an object during snow throwing, shut down and unplug the equipment. Inspect the damage. If you are not used to working on such machines seek technical help to repair or replace components before restarting the snow thrower.
- Do not direct the chute at an individual or windows. The thrown snow may contain objects accidently picked and may cause damage or injury.
- Store the snow thrower in a dry place away from children, pets and unauthorized access.
- Keep a check and inspection on different parts against misalignment and breakage that may affect the performance of these machines.
It is extremely important to understand the functionality of Snow Joe SJ621in the light of these instructions for the safe use of this snow thrower model. Following these terms put forward by the manufacturer has long lasting benefits and reliable functioning of this machine.